Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 19 April 2009

Sunny Sunday.




Today was one of those days when the sun sparkled in the dew drops,




and the outlines of the trees began to be softened by the opening buds.


In the garden more flowers are ready to burst into life.


The hedgerows are sprinkled with tiny flowers ,








and the bracken fronds begin to unfurl.


Young men dance in country lanes,






and everyone flocks to the car boot sale.







Today's sale was back to it's usual size, probably 300 sellers with all sorts of goods. Lots of children's clothes and toys, a few antiques and a wide range of household goods. Most unusual item seen - a child sized penny farthing bike, most tempting item - the boxed set of Return of The King with a model of Minas Tirith (I have already got this so I resisted), yukkiest item - a pair of blow up ladies breasts. My purchases included a band new mat to replace the grubby mat in front of the rayburn, shorts for me and Romas, more wind chimes, Irish whistle and instruction book and various other bits and pieces, everything less than £1.
I spotted this kit car in the car park, very unsual.



It took 20 minutes to get out of the car park field which wasn't fun in the heat.
We celebrated the lovely weather by eating our supper outside by the scree garden, very civilsed. Oh well back to work tomorrow.

4 comments:

Julie said...

I am so jealous of the boot sales... we have nothing like that here...except when the Americans get together to sell some items! We have trash days where once a year we get to just put everything we don't want out on the street and the garbage guys come and collect it a couple of days later.

Domestic Executive said...

Car booting is not a kiwi thing so you'd better get all your fix before you head south!

Loved the first picture with the dew on the plants and the dancing man made me laugh. Does he know he's now an internet star?

happyone said...

Ah a beautiful sunny day and a boot sale (we call them flea markets) what could be better!! A great day!!

Ruta M. said...

Dancing man aka Romas, (wearing my sun hat ) was doing side kicks in the air but the camera and my reactions weren't fast enough. We'd stopped because a bird had clipped the windscreen and we went back to rescue/photograph it but it had obviously survived and flown away. I'm maxing out on bargain hunting - sales, car boots & ebay because I expect my lifestyle to be totally different if /when I get to NZ.