Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 29 April 2009

Rain Sets In.

The weather has reversed itself today, dry during the day but turning to a soft rain by the time I got home. A couple of my class were away today and I have a horrible feeling the tummy bug is appearing again. I had to send for one of my children's mum as I suspected he had broken his arm! He'd fallen heavily on his wrist in the playground, he could still move his fingers but was in some pain and suffering from shock and most tellingly that arm was a different shape to the other. We haven't heard yet how he is yet.
It was too grey to take pictures today so here are some cheery violas in the hanging basket from the other day.
Yesterday's free range pigs were very contented and this little chap was quite happy to demonstrate to the children how pigs like their tummies scratched. The whole place was the essence of glorious Devon countryside with animals being kept in optimum conditions.
I've just been watching Wainwright's Coast to Coast Walk through Yorkshire and Cumbria. It's a breathtakingly beautiful programme and will be available on BBCiplayer for the next week. Well worth looking at if you like dales and moorland.

1 comment:

Domestic Executive said...

Great pictures - spring in action. And how perfect, eain outside of day, just the way it should be!