Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 12 April 2009

Good Things/ Not So Good Things.

Good things first, it's been lovely and sunny all day, though chilly in the shade.
I've just been up the drive and couldn't resist those clouds and all the shades of blue in the evening sky. Hopefully the weather at the SK Muster has been as good.


There was not a cloud to be seen this morning as I looked for a place to park the car in Ilfracombe. Optimistic holiday makers were walking down to the seafront in shorts and t-shirts.


It was so peaceful at home, just lunch to cook for the two of us, Peter ensconced at his pc and plenty to get on with in the garden.
Now the not so good- no Easter chocolate! will that man never learn. I had to break into my stash saved for the youngsters. Then, real disaster - I thought I'd take advantage of the good weather and got up early to put the curtain that hangs over my wardrobe alcove, into the washing machine. Now either I've not washed those curtains before or it was on a cold wash because the curtain fabric (a kind of muslin) has shrunk by about 50%. So now I'm going to have to remake mine and Peter's wardrobe curtains. I made similar curtains in the sitting room and they've been in the wash plenty of times so I guess it was bad luck. It's been rather too quiet (I'm never satisfied) without the youngsters around and that's made me feel sad. Final disaster, so far, was the special roast lamb dinner that I cooked. The lamb was horrible , it was either muttony or off. It made all the other roast vegetables taste nasty and left a yukky taste in our mouths. If Tescos had been open today I'd of been there like a shot. As it is I'll be returning said leg of lamb and complaining bitterly tomorrow. There we go, whinge over. A nice wood fire and No 1 Ladies' Detective Agency to watch should make for a pleasant evening.

5 comments:

Domestic Executive said...

Now there is the reason I don't wash curtains! Sorry your spring cleaning has turned out to be such a hassle. Not to mention the lamb. Don't worry you won't have that problem when you get to New Zealand.

Ruta M. said...

Um , it was New Zealand lamb!

happyone said...

Such a pretty blue sky.
Sorry about your dinner!
I've not seen any of the shows but have read all the books and loved them all. I think a new book is due out soon.

Ruta M. said...

You can get the program on the web if you go to BBCiplayer.

Catching the Magic said...

Oh no! Just been reading your posts and sorry about the lamb - but glad Tesco refunded you - nevertheless - such a darn frustration after going to all that effort to cook a nice dinner and then have nothing - so what did you have in the end - bake beans on toast?!

Sorry to hear about the curtains too - I have to say that's something I've never braved doing! We have huge drapes in our living room - floor to ceiling and I'd be petrified of doing anything to them - thankfully they don't 'look' in a bad way at the moment... besides I barely have time to wash the windows at the moment (though the sun sitting lower in the sky is shaming me into addressing the situation!).