Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 9 April 2009

One Thing Leads To Another.

The curtains were washed (twice each) and dry but then before I could iron them I had to wash the floor, but first the kitchen had to be tidied up and the floor swept. This is totally incomprehensible to the men in my life but I'm sure plenty of you will understand. And of course the curtain rails and rings had to be wiped, and the windows cleaned and the items on the window sills washed before I hung the curtains up. I'm not some one who spends a lot of time cleaning, but I go into cleaning mode once in a while, usually when visitors are expected. I would love to have a clean and tidy house but I'm not going to be a house slave for the rest of my family. The trouble is that they don't care so it's me or no-one. Anyway life's not about cooking and cleaning.
Now I can look through my sparkling window as I do the washing up .... possibly. ( That nasty dark patch by the sink is where despite my pleading the men leave wet sponges and puddles causing the wood to rot. I need to give it a proper sanding, fill in the holes and re-seal it.)

It's been raining all day so apart from a quick trip into Barnstaple to collect Romas I've been doing school work as well as the cleaning. One more set of notes to collate before I update the e-profiles and then that's school sorted. Peter's just heard that he's got a study day and exams for his CCNA (a networking qualification) in Truro in 10 days time. So he'll be spending every moment studying. At least the hated maths module has been completed and sent off.
The other day I found a way of easing my annoyance at having to wait for what seemed like ages at the supermarket checkout. I was only buying one item and paying with cash so I used my time to sort out all the change in my purse and paid in 1p and 2p pieces with the occasional 5p. It was very theraputic.

2 comments:

happyone said...

I know exactly what you mean!! :-) I do the same thing.
I have blue bottles over my sink by the window too!!

Julie said...

i can totally relate too... and I would LOVE to see some of the things you do with your kiddos and the phonics...it sounds really cool, thanks for sharing :)