Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 25 April 2009

New Shirts For Romas.

Lots of heavy showers today so I've got the sewing machine out and have almost completed two shirts for Romas to wear for the Sealed Knot. When those are done I've got the fabric for sorting out our wardrobe curtains. I might even make some shopping bags. I saw some nice ones yesterday but I wouldn't pay over £10 for them.
Meanwhile here are some more interesting architectural views from yesterday.



Yet another shopping mall, not so interesting inside, more like a standard high street mall.


I loved these giant stone balls.



An original regency shopping arcade, look at those lovely windows above the shops. I was politely told that I wasn't allowed to take photos so I apologised and left.





This ruined church sits in a small park, not far from the canal.





Down by the canal it's a scene of urban ugliness which reminded me a bit of my days running around Stepney, riding horses round building sites and even swimming (fully clothed) in the canals). While I was having my coffee & cake the 2 ladies next to me were talking about the shopping centre at Canary Wharf in Docklands, (that's the big one with the pyramid on top) and I felt like butting into their conversation and telling them how I rode horses round those streets when all the redevelopment was going on.













1 comment:

Domestic Executive said...

Another feast of photographs. Some intriguing views of the city. Typical that you were told to move on. As if you look like a shop burglar!