Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 28 April 2009

Little Comfort Farm.

We were so lucky with the weather today. After yesterday's downpours we were rather worried about our trip to Little Comfort and West Hill Farms at West Down. We went prepared for rain but had the most wonderful sunny but breezy day.


The farms are 2 small organic farms with dairy cattle, free range hens, pigs and sheep.

The children got to feed the hens and collect eggs. One little girl in my group was terrified of the hens and clung to me in terror every time a hen got anywhere near us.


We had a lovely walk down the hill between the 2 farms. This little lad decided to take up a stunt man career and tipped himself head over heels at least 6 times before I decided that either he or his glasses were in danger of getting damaged and made him walk for a while holding my hands. Most of us agreed that the tractor trailer rides were the best part of the day.



3 comments:

happyone said...

Such nice weather for walking around the farm. The scenery is just beautiful and I love the last picture.

Catching the Magic said...

Wow - looks such a fabulous day out and so pleased the weather came up trumps. You're making me home sick! Mum and Dad were telling me of their recent walk through blue-bell woods and I so wanted to jump on a plane right there and then! I always get so home-sick at this time of year (i.e. winter in NZ). Sarah x

Domestic Executive said...

What a wonderful trip to do - you can tell how much everyone enjoyed it.