Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 12 January 2010

Back To Work.

Our valley is looking slightly less snowy today. I managed to drive along the 1/2 mile of snowy/icy road to Indicott at an extremely sedate pace followed by Peter who went on to check the Shirwell route home. That is a definite no no as the hill by the Lewis' is very slippery and I would never be able to manage it. Once on Whitefield Hill the road was clear and I could see that green was returning to the hills to the south. This evening the local news is showing more snowfall in Cornwall and around Exeter. Hundreds of motorists are trapped on Holden Hill just south of Exeter. We are keeping our fingers crossed that it will fall as rain up here. Now I am worrying that Peter will make it safely in to work tomorrow. I always seem to be worrying about something or other yet if I just chill everything does seem to work out.

No comments: