Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 11 January 2010

Getting Warmer.

Despite the valley being blanketed by several inches of snow it is definitely warmer today. For the first time for a while the water in the hens' bowl was not frozen this morning. Metcheck gives us 1C today with 1-2C tomorrow and 3-4C on Wednesday. Maybe this is the end of the cold spell. I took the post over to Sarah's in the morning and the lake is still partially frozen over. The noisy little call duck was paddling around in our part of the stream this morning.
As Peter is still on holiday we decided to head back into town and see Avatar again as we enjoyed it so much the first time. Apart from some slush in the car park there was little snow in town and the main roads were also clear. Of course it is a different story once you get onto the back roads. If I can get my micra along the drive through the fresh snow that fell yesterday I may be able to drive myself to work tomorrow, if not Peter will drive me and I'll keep my fingers crossed for Wednesday.

I wonder how many more days we''ll be walking home down a snowy track ?

2 comments:

happyone said...

We are supposed to be having a bit of a warm up here too by tomorrow. Once the temperature gets back up to normal it will seem almost like spring!

I'd like to see Avatar again too!!

Harriet said...

2-7-2011

I've been reading your blog for a long time. Wonder if you are okay.