Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 22 January 2010

Changeable Weather.

It was a rather misty morning when I headed out into the garden to do yet more weeding but as I was well wrapped up it really didn't matter. The problem with living in an old farmhouse is that the thick walls cut down the light inside and sometimes I have to give myself an extra push to get outside. Once I'm outside I'm so much happier even if I'm crouched in a muddy ditch pulling out weeds. I have thought about listening to books on my MP4 player as I work but I enjoy just listening to the birds and being alone with my thoughts.
Despite the wet and rather grey morning the day transformed into bright sunshine. It was a shame that I had to go into work but I still need to earn money.

On my way home the sun was casting a golden light on the fields and tops of the hedges. I toyed with the idea of spending a bit more time in the garden but with the whole garden being in shadow my enthusiasm faded and I opted for housework instead.


Linas' plans for his trip to Washington have had to be put on hold due to problems with the proposed accommodation. He had bought all his plane tickets and insurance but will hopefully be reimbursed and hopes to reschedule for later in the year. I do hope it works out for him as I know he was looking forward to going.


No comments: