Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 10 January 2010

Still Snowing.

Woke up this morning to see heavy snow floating past the window. It's been snowing all day so I haven't yet taken the mail over to Sarah, I'll walk over tomorrow morning if it isn't snowing.
My first job of the morning is to feed the hens and take up fresh water to replace the lump of ice in their water bowl. I've cleared a space in the yard where I put down extra food for the wild birds; corn and scraps from the kitchen. The blackbird chases away the other birds but when she has had her fill the wagtail comes and defends the food. Once the wagtail has fed then the robins, chaffinches and other small birds get their chance. We had roast pork today so I've mixed the fat with scraps and cooked the potato peels for tomorrow's wild bird feast. The weather men seem to be saying that the weather is improving which is a good thing. I got all industrious today and did hoovering and ironing just in case we lose the electricity.

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

This type of snow is nothing here in the American midwest but so unusual in Britain. It can be quite a dangerous situation if you're not accustomed to driving in the stuff and worse if it's combined with ice. Slow, slow, slow.

Stay safe.

- Suzanne

Catching the Magic said...

The wild birds are so fortunate to have you looking out for them. Brrrrr, sure looks cold, but such a winter wonderland too. Hope you are managing to keep rugged up.