Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 4 January 2010

Have An Ice Day!

It has been bitterly cold but dry today. The local forecast tells of worsening weather so my little car is once more at the top of the hill. I've been asked to work all day tomorrow and Wednesday and I'm not looking forward to my early morning journey in to work. I'll follow Peter to the main road so that he can rescue me if I get into trouble. I'm such a wimp!

The sun was shining but the ice remained in any spot still in the shade. I decided it would be sensible to actually look at the manual for my new Nikon and today I took some ice shots using the macro setting.





I've had a busy day doing domestic chores such as sweeping leaves and washing windows, (the sun was cruelly highlighting the fact that they hadn't been washed for a long time). I love being alone in a quiet house but I suspect that some of my zeal was due to the fact that I wanted to spend time reading a gentle library book without feeling too guilty about wasting time.

2 comments:

happyone said...

Nice icy photos!!
This is my last post to read. I'm all caught up. :-)

Catching the Magic said...

Love the macro ice shots!