Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 29 January 2010

Much Colder Today.

Just as I was about to get changed for bed last night Linas called out that Metcheck were predicting low temps for the night. Despite the fact that only 2 hours previously the predicted temp for the night was 7C it was saying that there would be light sleet followed by the temp dropping to -1C at 6.00. Perfect conditions for black ice. So of course I jumped in my Micra and drove it to the top of the hill, just in case. Even though it was 100% cloud cover the night was so light there was no need to use a torch on the walk back down the hill. In the morning although it was wet and windy it wasn't cold enough for ice. I had a lift up the hill with Peter as he doesn't worry as much as I do and his car was still down by the house. It got a lot colder during the day and I drove home through a mixture of sleet showers and dramatic cloudscapes. It was strange driving home as the sudden drop in temp had left most of the road dry with the wet sections splashed and frozen into odd shaped splats across the road.
I've been teaching all day today. I was teaching my old class so it wasn't stressful though I did have to talk to a couple of parents about extremely poor behaviour by their children at playtime. Generally the behaviour in our school is very good and apart from a few children with specific problems we do not have children being hurt or any bad language. (Our school only has children from 4 - 7 years old). I do also enjoy the companionship of my colleagues as we all get on well and have a good laugh together while coping with the pressure we are under. At least, while I am part-time I have far fewer responsibilities and can relax once I get home, not worry about the latest batch of paperwork that needs updating.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Your sky was very dramatic and beautiful.