Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 9 January 2010

WOW !

We escaped our snowy valley this afternoon and headed into town to see Avatar, WOW , simply amazing, is all I can say. The main screen in our local cinema complex is massive and has an excellent sound system which really rumbles through you. For special films it is certainly worth paying a little extra for the Pullman seats which not only are more comfortable but have lots of leg room. I think I sat through most of the the film with a big grin on my face as the 3-D and CGI blew me away.
We planned our trip into town with care and had a shopping list of essentials to sit out the predicted next round of snow -
superglue - essential for sticking together splits in fingers and toes.
bow saw - my trusty bow saw is missing after the boys did some outside work.
toothpaste - we're running low.
chocolate - of course.
milk - tea is vital.
We also brought home a few other essentials such as wine and lemonade !


Once again we travelled in down Whitefield Hill which seems to be keeping clear.


And then on through Muddiford. Barnstaple is almost free of snow in the centre but the car park was covered with ice and needed careful maneuvering. As we left the cinema snow had started to fall again. On our way home we stopped at our neighbours' to collect our mail. One last stomp down the hill with our shopping and we were able to settle in for a quiet evening.

2 comments:

happyone said...

Oh I agree!!! I loved Avatar and in 3D it was spectacular! I'd love to go see it again.

Catching the Magic said...

Wow Avatar sounds fabulous. Perhaps Dan and I should try and see it before bubs arrives. My folks are supposed to be out here on Monday 18th (finger's crossed they can fly out of Heathrow!), so we might take the opportunity. I doubt we'll be going out for many months after bubs arrives ;)