Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 26 January 2010

Frosty Morning.

It was rather frosty this morning but as there wasn't any wind it didn't feel that cold. However I did don 2 pairs of joggers and a warm jumper under my gardening coat for my 2 hours of weeding around the pond. I'm pleased with my progress as I've got 3/4 of the way around weeding the path and the edging plants. I finished off by getting into the pond and pulling out a lot of the grass that was growing in the pond. Even with rubber gloves it was mighty cold. Also most of the pond is deeper than my boots so I have to be very careful. I was back at school this afternoon and will have to be in tomorrow morning so that will mean feeding the hens in the dark. The forecast this evening was for low temperatures overnight so being the worrier that I am, I left the car at the top of the hill just in case there is any rain and resultant black ice.
I had less than an hour of light left once I'd got back down the hill so I sawed up some wood so we can have a good wood fire in the sitting room tonight. The central heating is keeping the rest of the house nice and warm and I try not to think about the high cost of heating oil. Roll on some warmer weather.


No comments: