Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 19 January 2010

Not More Snow !

I'm feeling rather tired tonight. It's probably the shock of having the alarm going off at 5.45 (I'd rather got used to my lie-ins), and teaching all day. The morning class was 28, 4 year olds who only started a few weeks ago. A lot of them are the younger brothers and sisters of children in my year 1 class but it still takes a lot of concentration to be able to relate to all these new faces and to start learning their names. I can definitely see 1 or 2 'characters' who will take some time to settle down within the group. In the afternoon I had my Year 1 class, lovely to be back with them but we had a very packed schedule so I had to work hard at keeping them and me on task. Some of them have become a little lively over the holidays and haven't quite settled down to a work routine. The last of the snow can be seen in a few fields up here in the hills. It feels a bit cold tonight and snow is forecast in some areas to the east of us. I really could do without anymore snow causing driving problems.

No comments: