Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 24 November 2010

Baby Pics.

I maligned the seller of my baby Nikon yesterday when I said the lead for the charger was missing as I had already taken it out of the box. I think that I've made a good choice in getting another Nikon as the leads and the software are the same which saves a lot of bother. I haven't done more than point and shoot and the pictures are OK. I took this photo of the children's Taj Mahal pictures after I had covered up the pcs for the night. I really enjoy looking across the classroom at these lovely silhouettes and each one is different.
After work I went across town to pick up some prescriptions from the pharmacy. (For overseas readers - Peter, being over 60 gets free prescriptions and I pay £7 per item per month.) I took the opportunity to call in at Lidls. This supermarket fits into the cheaper range but for me the attraction is the vast range of continental foods. This time of year it's like a German Christmas market with many kinds of gingerbread, stollen, marzipan bars, nuts, chocolates and other Christmas treats. There are also German decorations and lights. Something new to me was a range of Greek specialities and I couldn't resist buying some Halva though it took a while to decide between almond or chocolate. I also bought some Loukoumia (Turkish Delight) and a few other treats which are hard to find even in the big chain supermarkets. (The florentines are to take to school as a contribution towards a hamper for the Christmas Fair.) I much prefer continental chocolate to the British variety which is made with a much lower cocoa content and lots of sugar and other stuff and luckily Lidls stocks a good range.

No comments: