Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 10 November 2010

A Cold Morning.

The sky was almost cloudless this morning as I drove to work. It made for a pretty sunrise but it was oh so cold. I needed my sunglasses as a couple of sections of the road in to work point directly at the sunrise and the glare was blinding.There was a pretty sky this evening again but the best colour was fleeting and had already started to fade by the time I had run to my classroom to get my camera.
By the time I was on my way home it was pitch black. I drove the last few miles on the country roads with my headlights dipped so that I could enjoy the canopy of stars above.
School wasn't too hectic today as it was PPA this afternoon. I got some on-line tracker work done before the other Year 2 teacher and I went through the programmes of study marking off all the sections we have covered. Things are much more flexible now in terms of actual content so long as you cover the skills eg you have to study figures from history but instead of every year studying Florence Nightingale and Guy Fawkes this term we have briefly covered Guy Fawkes as well as Shah Jehan (Taj Mahal) and will also be looking at Gandhi and Mother Theresa to link with our India topic.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Love the photos.
It's amazing how fast the sky changes from one minute to the next.