Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 28 November 2010

A Brisk Walk.

No more snow today , at least in this corner of the UK. The weather people are saying it's the worst early cold snap for 17 years. Out in the garden the snow was sparkling in the sunshine.
The road was completely clear so I walked up to bring down the Rav. (Photos never show just how steep this section is.)

When I got up to the bad weather car park, (field gateway), it was so bright that I simply had to continue on for a brisk walk up to Indicott.
This used to be my running road before my knee made it clear that my running days are over.

I went as far a the gateway that overlooks our valley. Our house is hidden in the trees but our neighbour's barns and house are in the middle of the shot.
Back home I felt invigorated by my walk and after climbing up in the loft to get the decorations I sat down to write up my plans for next week. Then I decided to tackle a form that had been bounced back to me with insufficient information. I spent over an hour detailing every little thing I do in my class to make sure struggling pupils get sufficient support. Then saved the document following exactly the same procedures that I used successfully at school. But my pc runs windows 2003 not 2007 and it got lost forever! Took another hour to redo the form, Blah !

2 comments:

happyone said...

Nice snow pictures. I know what you mean about pictures not showing how steep the hills are.
Too bad about the loss of all your work!!!

Elora said...

Oh! You're having real winter there! We haven't had any as yet, but it's looking like we might stir up some wayward snowflakes this coming weekend.

Lovely photos! You have such pretty drives!

Elora