Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 25 November 2010

Snow Warning.

It has been bitterly cold all day. The morning news told of several inches of snow and ice in the north of England and warned that we could expect some snow here tomorrow.The door to my classroom/hut.

It was a pretty sunrise this morning with Dartmoor rising majestically against a backdrop of pink sky and grey clouds. By the time I got to school the clouds had become tinged with pink.

And as I walked across the playground very cold dry hail started to fall. This was soon over and the rest of the day was bright but very cold. One of my children was overheard at the end of the day saying 'We've done no work today'. Not quite accurate but as far as they're concerned it was all fun stuff, Bollywood dancing, swimming, more dancing, lunch, whole school play rehearsal, more dancing and then home.

All the bare woodwork of the new Tescos has been painted a gleaming white. I had hoped that we might be getting some interesting and innovative architecture but I guess not.
From this angle and in the sunshine the stones don't look too bad.
Left school early as I had to pick up the micra from the garage next door. Today's bill £5.88 to re-balance the wheels but it needs to go back next week for a new 'cross member' (angry parliamentarian ?) which costs £35 for the part but a full day's labour will be over £300. When I got home there was newly hoovered and tidied up kitchen (shame about all the plates left in the sitting room) and Linas asking for a lift back into town to get to the skate shop before catching the train back to Plymouth. I'd just left the micra at the top of the hill in case we get ice in the morning so we jumped into the 4x4 and took that instead. Off now to sort out my shalwar chemise for tomorrow and see what I can wear underneath it to keep warm.

No comments: