Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 13 November 2010

DISASTER.

Nothing major in terms of the family but my camera has GONE WRONG. How can this happen to a Nikon? It's making a suspicious grinding noise and on normal zoom you get a black shadow in the top right hand corner. It doesn't show when you use the zoom lens. I discovered the problem with the camera when I was in town on one of my leisurely shopping meanders in and out of all the charity shops and wanted to take some pictures of this wonderful metal sculpture/ seat in a courtyard by the Pannier Market. Whoever made it should have a sign up because several other people stopped to admire it when I was there. I wouldn't mind having one like that in the garden though it is probably extremely expensive. I might make some enquiries at the cafe that has some tables in this open space next time I'm in town. I wasn't too far from Jessops where I had bought the camera so back I went and they said yes there was something wrong with it but I needed to get the receipt and see when I bought it as it would only be under warranty for a year. Back home I checked and phew !! I bought it on November 28th last year. Just 2 weeks inside the year. I'll take the camera and my paperwork back to the shop next Saturday. I used my blog records to check when I had bought it and I had commented then that even though I had paid a bit more than if I had bought it on line at least I had a shop to return it to and thank goodness for that.
It has been a bright and sunny day today though when I drove into town I could see an massive weather front looming on the other side of town. If you looked one way up the High Street the sky was blue with fluffy clouds and the other way was all gloomy and grey. Luckily the rain held off and apart from the camera incident it was a good shopping trip. We are looking for a new 6ft wood bedframe and so far have had no luck on the internet. A friend had offered to get us one at trade price but I wasn't too keen on the 2 he showed us in the catalogue. Today I went into an expensive furniture store just to see what was around and they had both of the beds in the catalogue and they are actually rather nice. One of them is perfect so hopefully we can order it for a much cheaper price through this friend and then have a major move around of all the beds in the house. Also Peter asked me to buy him a new fleece neck warmer as his has gone missing. One of the outdoor wear shops had them on 'buy one get one free' and an extra 20% off today so I bought him one and a fleece headband for myself to keep the wind out of my ears. I have one I was given years ago which I love as I get earache very easily and it solves the problem much better than a hat.
My schoolwork has all been done so I've got tomorrow free, ah bliss!!

No comments: