Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 27 November 2010

A Little More Snow.

It was so nice to have a lie-in this morning, all warm and cosy while yet more snow fell. On the radio there was a countrywide severe weather warning. The east and north seem to be the most badly affected. The snowfall here didn't last long and has been gradually melting during the day.After a bit of housework and popping the ingredients for a fruit loaf into the breadmaker I wrapped up well (2 layers of everything) and went out for a long walk.
The snow cover was very patchy even in our valley with not a scrap to be seen on the moorland on the top of the cliffs to the north.

Further east I could see a good covering on Exmoor.


There were 8 cars parked up in the gateway that we use as our 2nd parking space, people weren't taking chances with getting out of our valley. If things keep on improving I'll bring the micra down tomorrow afternoon. But there is more snow due in at the beginning of the week. I spent a couple of hours out and the roads are fine for now.
I haven't done much in the way of school work apart from lots of thinking. I have been a bit stressed by getting an email asking me to produce analysis of figures I've not been given and also for more details on various bits of paperwork. Ho hum is all I can say and put it to the back of my mind until Monday. This weekend I'll be thinking much nicer thoughts about Christmas such as which decorations I'll be bringing into school to decorate my classroom and where all the display materials are to change the theme from India to Christmas. We've made most of the things the children will be taking home for Christmas, just the cards to make and then we can do instructional writing on 'How to make a Christmas card'. Lots of play rehearsals, and rehearsing for the Nativity service at the church to come along with a whole school visit to the pantomime, Christmas lunch and Christmas parties.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Your long walk made for some lovely pictures!