Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 20 November 2010

No Camera!

I took my camera back to the shop today. They're sending it back for repair. Supposedly it should only take 2 weeks but maybe they were just saying that. I did think about buying something small for the moment but nothing cheap caught my eye and £70 was too much to spend on a back-up. I was in town to meet my friend for coffee & cake which is always nice. Lime cheesecake today. I found one top in a charity shop but also bought a soft fluffy hooded top in sale in Millets (a camping shop), it was so me I couldn't not buy it. The teeming crowds were out buying for Christmas and the town lights are being switched on tomorrow.
I collected Linas from the train station and drove him down to Ilfracombe for the opening of a skatepark there. Skateparks, especially free ones are few and far between which is silly as they provide a place where youngsters can burn off lots of energy without having to spend money. The skatepark is near the harbour so while Linas met old friends and skated a bit,( it was very crowded,) I borrowed his phone (for the camera) and walked around the harbour. Due to technical reasons I have to wait for him to email the pictures to me. They wont be brilliant because I didn't have a zoom and the light was very grey. I enjoyed the walk along the working part of the harbour where our few remaining small fishing boats are kept. These are not the shiny playthings of rich businessmen but genuine working boats. The smell of the sea and dead fish and the presence of rusty chains, pots and general fishing junk took me right back to my childhood in St Ives. When my camera is back I'll try and get down there on a sunny day for a photo walk.

2 comments:

happyone said...

Hope you get your camera back soon. I will miss your beautiful pictures!

Domestic Executive said...

Grrr - you'd think they'd just replace like for like. Let's hope it won't be long - I do love all your photographs.