Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 9 November 2010

Elephants Plastered.

There was the tiniest hint of pink in the sky this evening. Apart from that the weather has been much the same as yesterday, cold, wet and windy.This was at school where we poor teachers were, as ever, toiling away. (Is that the dreaded split infinitive?)
I had been cutting out 30 pairs of hands with mendi patterns on them. The hands are now stapled to a big display board in my cloakroom. I don't have a definite plan for that display yet but I couldn't stand looking at an empty board any longer. A few ideas are floating around in my head but we are in the middle of plaster elephants and clay cobras which ought to be finished off before we start anything else. The last of the children covered their cardboard elephants with plaster bandage today so that is one very messy job out of the way. Now there is the fun of painting and decorating (that sounds silly) the elephants.

3 comments:

Elora said...

Not sure if you were teasing us with the implied double entendre, but....here in the U. S. (and am wondering if the same is true in UK), the term "plastered" refers to being inebriated. So, right away, I thought of drunken elephants and wondered what in the world your post could be about (ending the sentence on a preposition-no-no!) Hmmmmm. Bobbing and weaving elephants? I know that Zenyatte, the race horse of recent (last weekend) fame, enjoys her Guiness Stout...haven't heard about elephants, though!!

Elora

Ruta M. said...

Yes it was a weak attempt at a pun, my brain's not that sharp after a day at school so my puns tend not to be very subtle. We have an unfortunate habit in our family of attempting to fill a whole conversation with puns on one subject, can get rather silly at times.

Catching the Magic said...

You do so much creative work with your classes. Hard work, but wonderful for the children. They are so lucky to have you and your dedicated colleagues.