Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 15 November 2010

Chilly Morning, Chilled Day.

Despite that it was a bitterly cold morning and I was running a little late due too having to de-ice the car windows, I had to stop and take some pictures of the morning sun lighting the tops of the clouds. It was even prettier than the pictures show. The plateau in the distance is Dartmoor a good 70 miles away to the south.
Swinging slightly west I had a glimpse of the western edge of Barnstaple as it straggles along the River Taw. I think the large grey buildings are the airfield at Chivenor, a Marine base.
I've had a reasonably relaxed day in school today. Having a teaching student working with me has meant that I have spent a lot of time going through lesson plans etc with her but this is balanced by being able to sit back while she teaches some of the lessons. I get to make notes (helpful I hope) on her but much more importantly much needed assessments on my children. Bloody OFSTED is turning us all into nervous wrecks especially as we hear they are about to inspect 2 schools that were just before us last time round. I only wish we could get the whole thing done and over with. Most of the afternoon was taken up with watching some drama students from the secondary school perform a couple of plays they had written following their initial visit to our classes. And they're back next week. Just need to write out a few of the steps from a great stomp dance video for tomorrow's lesson - YouTube African American step Shout'n stomp. (Sorry my brain can't sort out a proper link tonight.) Well worth a look.

2 comments:

Elora said...

Gorgeous photos, Ruta!! How cold was it? I'm going to have to check the map and see, again, how far north you are...! It is still warm here, but we had a good rain last night which we've needed badly.

Elora

Ruta M. said...

I'm not north at all, Devon is in the south-west of England so in theory should be relatively warm, brrr.