Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 16 November 2010

Frost Ferns.

The windscreen of my car was covered with pretty frost ferns this morning. For years I drove old Landrovers (series II/III) in which the heating is very basic, ie open or close a window, so now that I have a car in which the heating works I've become soft in my old age and revel in the warmth. It does take a good mile before the air blowing in warms up so today for the first time I left the engine running while I went back into the house for a bit. I have a bit of a fear of leaving a car with its engine running with no-one at the wheel but I overcame that in exchange for a warm journey.
My student taught 2 lessons today while I was her 'teaching assistant' which gave me time to make notes on the children again. One lesson was exciting but noisy as the children experimented with making circuits with bulbs and buzzers. I took the children outside for more stomp dancing (the hall was being used) and we worked on an actual sequence. The children were quite imaginative in naming the different arm and leg positions, I'll take some photos tomorrow for a display, that's to impress visitors as well as to help us to remember. We'll have the school stage set up soon so stomping will sound even better. I also had to teach a maths lesson on multiplication which was quite informative about the depth of the children's understanding of the process.