Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 26 September 2023

A Rainbow.

As I lay in bed trying to wake up after a bad night with my knee (when will I remember never to try digging with a spade?) I was informed by my lovely tea bearer that it was sunny and breezy outside. I threw some washing in the machine only for it to be pouring with rain by 9.00. 
It stayed wet until the afternoon when after an uplifting rainbow the sun returned and we had that sunny and windy day I had been expecting. So good was the weather that I got a second load of washing out on the line and most of the washing is now dry and put away. A good thing too as one of the items in the first wash was my sports bra which I needed for Pilates tonight.
As it was too wet to go to the zoo I busied myself cleaning and polishing all my everyday earrings and their holders. (My nicest earrings live in their own boxes.) I also made covers from plastic lemonade bottles. Those will stop the dust from the bare floorboards in our bedroom.
Once the rain cleared up I was straight back out in the garden. I made the concrete footings for the last raised bed and also took off one layer of blocks from the adjoining bed. The coping stones still need cementing on but I think the proportions look so much better.
Off soon to Pilates.

 

1 comment:

happyone said...

Bonus to get the bird in the picture with the rainbow.
No laundry for me today, more drizzly rain.