Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 9 September 2023

Transformations.

Still hot but it feels as if the weather will be changing soon. The haze, which the nice lady reading the 5.00 weather forecast this morning called fog, was back but only in the distance. For us it has been sun all the way.
Back too were the dolphins this morning. My first shot of two dolphins leaping out of the water crossing over each other would have been a stunner if only the camera had been quick enough to get it in focus. (I kept the blurry version anyway).

Lots of leaping about this morning.
After breakfast I carried on transforming the camper from it's previously tired looking state into a smarter and cleaner version. Today was the turn of the inside which wasn't too bad. Because the camper has been kept in the barn nothing had become damp. It was mainly cobwebs and dust though there was mildew on the inside of the sun visors which was hard to scrub off. The bathroom, fridge and cooker are all sparkling and the rest is up to Peter. A little bit of rust and some chips on the bonnet seem to be all that needs dealing with.
How do you transform a metal gate into a wood sandpiper? Offer the gate for a reasonable price on the local FB selling groups and 24 hours later take the cash down to the nice craft gallery. With the rest of the money I'm going to buy some pond snails to keep the algae under control.

As a reward for all the hard work on the camper I promised myself a visit to Uncle Albert's Ice-cream Emporium. Before we moved here I became very excited to find that such a place existed but then it closed for lock-down and took a long time to open and it still isn't open every day. They sell Welsh ice-cream in a variety of flavours but highly recommended are the ice-creams they make themselves. They also sell home made vegetarian and vegan cakes, salads and lunch stuff like pies and quiches. I had two scoops of their own ice-cream, golden syrup & ginger and mint chocolate in a tub which I ate on the beach. Both were delicious and it was good to support a local business. I walked home along the beach paddling in the edge of the waves flip-flops in hand. Not surprisingly the beach was crowded as people made the most of this spell of good weather.
Back home I gave the hedges a trim as they were beginning to look quite straggly and I wanted to get them done before the weather changes. We had our supper outside again, no sign of the dolphins, plenty of people still in the water after sunset. 



No comments: