Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 18 September 2023

Wild.

It looks like the autumn storms have arrived. We had a rainy morning and choppy seas but eventually it brightened up and large waves were lining up in formation much to the delight of a few surfers. We have clear skies at the moment but this may just be the eye of the storm.
While Peter went off to get two new tyres for the car and to take more bags of garden waste to the dump I went out to do some gardening. Initially I only planned to plant the hebe and some primulas but as the rain was holding off I carried on to do some weeding. I finished off by weeding the steps, much as I like to see the lines of the stonework softened by plants that's not a good idea for the steps. In this wet climate the steps need to be plant free to keep them as dry as possible. Safety first and all that. Talking of safety, of the many cars that went past on the cliff road today only one was sticking to the 20mph. Peter said it was much the same in town except for the main road that goes from Morrisons into town past the council offices. 
When eventually I'd had enough of gardening I came inside and cooked up another batch of tomato sauce using all the fresh tomatoes I'd picked in the last two days. Still plenty more on the plants and in the freezer. I also got round to taking apart a cork board that I wasn't really using and fixing it to the inside of one of the kitchen cupboard doors. I don't like to clutter up the walls but I needed something for stuff that couldn't just be written up on the whiteboard. (I've straightened it up after looking at the photo.)
A few more photos from yesterday - Machynllth.
We emerged onto the High Street a bit further up than I usually venture. The date above the front door of this house says 1628.
Then to a new (to me) part. This is Y Plas, (The Place) now used as council offices and a venue for events. As we'd been climbing the hill at the start of our walk we had heard strains of music coming from a music event there.

In the grounds are formal gardens, a children's playground and vegetable gardens maintained by Edible Mach a community project that grows food around the town for anyone to harvest. They're the group who made that delicious vegetarian Christmas dinner last year where we sang carols.

 

1 comment:

happyone said...

Like the Tudor house!!