Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 5 September 2023

Zoo Day.

Another hot and sunny day but the wind has began to change direction. Somebody at Pilates tonight said the temperature in her conservatory was 37C/98F and another person had been working in an office that was 35C/95F.
This morning the easterly wind brought in lines of swell which could be seen crashing against the rocks. In the afternoon and evening the sea had settled down once more.
I cycled down to the zoo and spent three hours weeding the small play area digging over the wet compacted woodchip to give it a chance to dry out. The good weather isn't good for the zoo as everyone stays on the beach and there were only six adult visitors while I was there. The wolf dogs had ice blocks made with raw chicken to keep them cool and some of the other animals had frozen cucumbers. It took me a while to cool down after my cycle ride home. All I had time to do in the garden was move the rest of the mint from the end bed to the other side of the lawn.
It was still lovely and warm as I walked home from Pilates. Peter had cooked a barbecue and we had a peaceful evening eating out on the terrace and watching the people on the beach. (Both photos were taken after supper.)

 

No comments: