Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 30 September 2023

Wet.

Raining all day today.
It's the last day of September and the summer season is officially over. This morning the buoys that mark the bay were collected, (got it right this time.) and it is the last day of the dog ban on the main part of the beach. That should mean fewer dog walkers trudging past on the cliff top. Not that they bother me.
I was determined to get on with my latest garden project so during a lessening of the rain I donned my gardening coat and was able to cement on the final row of blocks. I have enough blocks to do another course but I think it's fine as it is. Now I have to think of something to do with those last few blocks.
The only other thing of note today was that I baked a Bara Brith. I've been thinking that my recipe comes out quite sweet so this time I cut the sugar by a third. Haven't had a chance to taste it yet and it might be a little overdone as I was out in the garden while it was baking. My kitchen timer only runs for an hour and the baking time for Bara Brith is an hour and a quarter. I don't wear a watch at home so these things happen.



 

No comments: