Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 10 September 2023

A Walk Across the Bog. (Cors Fochno)

Hot, humid and showery today.
Our walk today began in the tiny village of Dol-Y-Bont a few miles inland from Borth. 

The village sits by the River Leri and our meeting point was the stone hump-back bridge. The bridge is just as steep on the other side, no way to see what was coming if you were driving over it, and gouges in the road indicate that some vehicles find the hump too much. It may have been built like that as the area is prone to flooding. In June 2012 people had 3ft of water in their houses as the whole area was flooded.

From the village we walked down a lane until we found ourselves on the edge of the bog looking towards Aberdyfi and Snowdonia beyond.
We then followed a track uphill, round the corner and then along.

We walked through a farm and up into a field where we ate our lunch looking out over the bog to Aberdyfi on the right and Borth on the left.

It was at this point that the rain which had been fairly light became heavier and I put my camera away in my bag and didn't take it out again until we had swung round and were walking back through the bog.
I couldn't get over the vast swathes of sheep's bit scabious that lined the path. I think it's such a pretty flower and I'm really glad I bought some for the garden..
Looking back at Snowdonia a break in the clouds lit up one of the peaks but it wasn't until I got home that the clouds parted, at least for a while.



1 comment:

happyone said...

Another lovely walk with interesting things to see.