Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 25 September 2023

Warm and Windy.

Very warm again today. Sunny in Mach but less so here with a strong wind blowing.
We drove early to Mach as I was supposed to be getting a phone call from the consultant re the cyst on my toe. At least that is what I thought seeing as that was what the letter I had received said. But no phone call ever came. Peter had had a text last week pinpointing the time to 10.00 rather than the 9-12.30 slot I had initially been given. When no phone call came I got Peter to check the message and lo and behold the phone call had been changed to a face to face appointment which I had now missed. I rang the hospital explaining what had happened and thankfully they have booked me in for an appointment next Monday. I had been expecting to have to wait considerably longer so that is good.
We had arrived early at the library and it is a sign that I am making some improvement  in that I was able to say that 'I have a phone appointment with a doctor from the hospital at 10.00.' all in Welsh to the friendly librarian. She was also able to clear up something that had puzzled us at choir last week. We're leaning Ar Lan Y Mor, a love song that had a strange phrase about an egg has a white and a yolk. We'd wondered if this was an old saying but she told me it was comparing a heart full of love with an egg full of white and yolk. Mystery solved.
It was warm enough when we got home for me to venture out into the garden and begin work on the last small raised bed. I began by digging out a trench for the footing into which I laid a base of large unattractive beach stones that were in the garden. A layer of concrete over those should be enough for the few rows of blocks that will be going on top. That was enough work for one afternoon.
I had a quick walk down to the shop for some potatoes and oat bran which shock horror they didn't have and won't be getting any for a while ( the oat bran not the potatoes). In general the shop's shelves are looking quite bare now that the holiday season is over.
 

No comments: