Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 8 May 2024

Hazy.

Much less in the way of sun today but it has been very warm and humind.
I had scheduled today as a 'cleaning' day but somehow I still found myself working outside. My first job was to put up this metal dragon, a present from Vytas and Sally, on the newly painted gate post.
Then it was time for some hedge cutting. I've left the honeysuckle that is sticking out of the top of the hedge for the time being and will think about cutting it after it has flowered. I didn't use the hedge trimmer down at the bottom because the blackbird has a nest in the lace-cap hydrangea that is part of the hedge. Although the hedge trimmer is very useful I find it quite heavy especially for the top of the hedge. I ended up doing a lot of the cutting with secateurs when I trimmed the hedge at the end of the garden. Next I oiled the outside table and chairs ready for a summer of outdoor dining. 
Finally I was able to start cleaning indoors; hoovering, wiping, washing, that sort of thing finishing off with ironing the sheets that had been on the line.

A few more photos from Sunday.

I stopped on the back road to admire the views. (Above) Looking westwards out to sea.
Then looking northwards across Cardigan Bay to Snowdonia beyond. I don't know what the farmer has done to those trees or rather the hedge they would have been part of. Strange and rather sad.
And there, just right of centre, was the top of Mt Snowdon deep in the heart of Snowdonia (Eryri). 
Zooming in on Mt Snowdon.
And from a different viewpoint further along the road.
This is the same bit of coastline we see from here but from a higher elevation.

 

No comments: