Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 12 May 2024

Still a Scorcher.

Our friends certainly hit lucky with the weather for their visit. The warm weather was blissful. We spent most of the time on the terrace eating both lunch and then supper outside. After supper we had a stroll down to the beach to admire the sunset and see the people still swimming or sitting around beach fires.  (Sadly no Northern lights later on.)
Our friends had to leave quite early today but I woke extra early, had my 'outside time' and got all the breakfast preparation done in good time for us all to enjoy a cooked breakfast.
Although getting hazy at times the day remained hot and I was able to get all the bedding washed, dried and ironed. Even the towels are nearly dry. I expect that the weather will break soon (there is much talk of thunderstorms) so I did some gardening. I moved plants around and cleared space for the red and white currant bushes to be planted then planted out some artemisia and curry plants which I had grown from cuttings.
In the back garden a couple of the large flowered clematis are looking magnificent.

Peter had a very happy afternoon too. He does enjoy his rowing.
We're now about to have fun watching Eurovision which we recorded last night. Apart from having to avoid listening to the radio so that we don't inadvertently hear the result it's much better to start watching earlier in the evening than trying to stay awake until midnight to find out the result.
 

No comments: