Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 15 May 2024

Vaccination Day.

Still mild or even hot so more curtains washed today. Once my study curtains were dry I pinned them up to see how they would look. But although the white storage boxes fit better that way I didn't like the overall look of the curtains so I shan't be shortening them.
This morning I walked down the High St to the surgery for my vaccinations, a pneumococcal vaccination (which protects against a range of infections of the lungs, blood and brain) and the shingles vaccination. Although I'm not in the right age group our surgery has a policy that if you ask then you can have it.
Afterwards I walked further along the High St to have a look at the new mural painted by B.
It has taken a lot of negotiations with the owner to get permission to brighten up what was a derelict and dismal site next to the road but it looks so much better now.
Once I'd taken some photos I nipped through one of the passages that lead to the beach and walked home along the shingle.
I had a good view of home and the houses around and the many green mobile homes that make up one of the large holiday parks in Borth.
I also got a slightly different angle on the new estate of expensive homes that are being built on the slope behind us. It looks like some of the existing houses at the very top are going to lose their sea views. The owners must be furious.

Who needs formal flowerbeds when nature provides such vibrant colours?

 

1 comment:

happyone said...

Maybe the homes will be high enough to still keep their view.