Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 10 September 2021

Grey.

The sea mist gave us a misty and damp day. I had a wet drive in to town but once I got there it was dry.
I had a busy schedule in town. First stop was the dump where for once I was able to drive straight in without queueing and get rid of the carload of garden waste. Next stop was right next door at Morgan's a builders/famers' merchants where I was pleasantly surprised to find a reasonable range of goods on the shelves unlike the other places here which are counter service only. I will admit to checking out the shelves just to see what was there. Unfortunately they didn't have the teak oil I need for the wooden outdoor table. All they had were 500ml bottles while I need a 5L can. The chap is going to try and track some from another store and will ring if he finds some.
Then across the edge of town to Morrisons where I found the last of the clematis sitting alongside the orchids and other indoor plants. I had a good sort through and bought enough to complete the planting once the trellis is up. Then to buy petrol, something we don't have to do often as we don't go anywhere apart from shopping and finally to the centre of town for Lidl's and some town shops. I got the right colour sewing cotton for the bedroom curtains so that I can get on with turning them up.

 

No comments: