Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 5 September 2021

Sunny.

Another balmy day. Right now at 6pm outsdie it's a pleasant 22C/72F in the shade and an even nicer 29C/84F in the sun.
In the afternoon Peter went out for a row though above is the second crew, I was still in the back garden when Peter was on the water. Lots of people on the beach enjoying the good weather. If we had predictable weather we probably wouldn't talk about it as much but then again maybe we wouldn't appreciate the sunny days either. 
Before getting out the sunlounger I worked in the back garden digging out this small raised bed. Originally it had been inside one of the lean-to's with a large camelia growing in it. Fortunately for me though not for the camelia I'm not keen on camelias and gave the builder the go-ahead to get rid of the plant when he took down the lean-to. Today was about digging out the roots and moving all the old compost to a heap on the other side of the tree trunk. I intend to take down the outer walls of the raised bed and possibly the inner wall too. I'll have to be very careful knocking out the zig-zag piece of concrete because the oil pipe runs along the outside under more concrete. In fact unless I can ease the panel away I'll leave it for the plumber who put in the pipe to do. 
Forgot to mention yesterday that as I walked home I saw a dolphin. After an initial leap and splash right under the cliff it swam slowly out to sea. Still something special to see.
Just worked out what the 'P' at the end of the touch numbers on the hob stands for - Pronto! (It's a Zanussi hob) and it certainly is that. Water in a saucepan boils in a couple of minutes, leave it any longer and there's water everywhere.
 

No comments: