Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 22 September 2021

Zoo Day.

Even cloudier today and some light rain in the morning. 
We wondered if the builder would turn up today but he did, abeit a bit later than usual. Today he carried on working on the back of the house. He'll be back on Friday to put the finishing coat on the front once the two scratch coats have dried off. We hadn't expected him to do the back of the house as well at this time so that has been a bonus. Now we're keeping our fingers crossed as we wait for the other builder to come and pave the terrace and build the raised beds in the front garden.
This morning I called in at the pharmacy to collect my prescriptions on the way to the zoo as Peter had a text last Friday to say they were ready. It's so handy having the pharmacy and the doctors' surgery a few minutes walk away. I often see the pharmacy car delivering prescriptions to people who aren't mobile enough to get to them but we're not at that stage yet.
At the zoo I was back to weeding gravel. I had planned to clear some tall grasses from around the yuccas but forgot to wear something with sleeves to protect me from the spikey yucca leaves. There's much talk of using weedkiller and/or redoing the gravel with a membrane underneath or even replacing the gravel with grass but for the time being I'll keep on weeding. At least today I got to the weeds before they had begun flowering and spreading seeds everywhere. There was still a steady trickle of families visiting the zoo which is good for the finances. 
The wolf-dogs now have access to this large enclosure which used to house the wallabies. I think this is Cosmo the female having a snooze on top of the shelter.
After getting most of the gravelled section I was working on done I chatted to Rachel who organises the volunteers and admired the garden room we worked on the other day. The large tools are now hanging up on the wall. Above them was written "Please Return After Taking." I think having a clear place to keep things encourages people to keep everything tidy. We've got some new tools as well and I spotted a decent hoe so I won't need to bring mine along though I shall carry on bringing my bucket of hand tools. 
When I returned home Peter drove to the hospital to return his 24 hour monitor. They have some drop off/collect spaces where you can park for 20 minutes which was long enough so I didn't need to go with him.
While he was out I went through the boxes stored in the bathroom moving out any that aren't going up in the loft. That will make it easier for the lads if they come on Saturday to take stuff up to the loft. When he got home Peter began moving pictures from his room into the bathroom. For the past year he's only had enough space to sit at his desk and if he wants to exercise the chair has to be moved out of the way before the rowing machine can be unfolded. It's a good thing the exercise bike fits in the corner of the sitting room behind the armchair with a perfect view of the sea and the tv.

 

No comments: