Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 7 September 2021

Hot.

The photo says it all. All it needed was the sound of cicadas and maybe a few olive trees in the garden and we would have been on a Greek Island.
After breakfast while Peter was exercising on his rowing machine I went and did some more cutting back of the wild meadow in the front garden. This time I worked on my hands and knees cutting the long grass and woody stems of yarrow with secateurs. I could have used the strimmer but it's so vicious I worry about cutting small creatures in half and as it's not too large an area I'd rather go slowly. I cut about a third of the meadow and packed it into a giant garden bag ready to take to the dump on Friday.
Then we put up the first trellis panel, at least I held and Peter drilled. We then moved the rest of the unused panels against this one so that I can make cement pads for the next two posts to sit on. 
With it probably being the hottest day of the summer there was nothing for it but I had to go for a swim. Peter was going to join me but when the waves were too gentle for bodyboarding he changed his mind. Huh! and I'm the one that can't really swim. However I marched myself down to the beach, changed into swim shoes and joined the rest of the throng in the water. The water wasn't quite as warm as I was expecting so I was forced to swim (in short spurts) to stay warm. In between swimming I starfished on my back watching the other people in the water and keeping an eye on our terrace so that I could wave to Peter if he came out to watch me (he didn't). After my swim it was hot enough for me to have walked home in just my swimming costume but my giant towelling hoody covers the 'lockdown lard' well. Once I'd had a shower the weather was just too nice to do anything except sit out on the terrace until the very last moment before supper. 

While we were eating the sun was creating a prism effect in one of the clouds which can sort of be seen in the above photo.
And then we had a glorious sunset.

 

1 comment:

happyone said...

You did have a hot day. We hit a high of 70F (21C ?) today.
Such a beautiful sunset!!!