Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 9 September 2021

Wet.

The rain arrived in earnest about 10.00 last night so my neighbour was nearly right in his prediction. 
The day began dry but very humid. Every room seemed to have a couple of flies buzzing around. Before I even woke one fly spent its morning bouncing up and down on my face, yuck.
After breakfast I went out and worked in the back garden preparing the next section of wall for putting up the trellis posts. First there were some ivy roots to clear out after which I applied strong weedkiller to any remaining roots. Then I used mortar to tidy up a line of bricks along the base of the wall and create a level base for the posts and the trellis panels That done I covered up my cement work to provide protection from the coming rain before the mortar hardened.
My afternoon was spent writing up my journal. I wrote up Spring '21, made notes for the summer and then got Summer '21 written up which brings me bang up to date. Something that was noticable was the small amount of work done by the builders over the last three months. More satisfying were the long lists of work done by us over spring and summer.
At the same time I was being distracted by the cloudscape and sea colours outside. The rain had a flattening effect upon the sea creating a canvas for the cloud reflections.
There were some heavy downpours and later some rumbles of thunder but they seemed to come from behind us and even though I went out to look I didn't see any lightning.
A bit blurry as I had to go out in the rain to take this photo. Those low clouds disappeared quite quickly.

 

No comments: