Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 13 September 2021

Rain.

Grey with a lot of light rain today. 
With not much planned I decided to go out for a beach walk after breakfast. I wore a jacket, got too warm, took it off at my turnaround point and then had to put it back on when rain started falling as I reached the Lifeboat Station 
Even now after a year here I still get enormous pleasure from being able to walk on the sand, hearing the waves breaking on the shore with the hint of seaweed in the air whenever I want. Now that the summer tourists have gone so have the large barrel jellyfish which seemed to be almost a permanent feature on the sand. 
At the far end of my route I could see smoke rising from the burnt out house. This time it was from a bonfire being managed by workmen with heavy machinery clearing the fire damage. 
By lunchtime it was dry again so Peter and I went out to put up more trellis. We got one post and panel up and were putting up a second post when we ran into problems drilling into the wall. The position of one of the bolts will have to be changed so putting up that post will have to wait until new holes are drilled. .
Being lulled into a false sense of my sewing abilities by making the light curtains for our bedroom the face mask I'd gone on to start yesterday turned out to be a disaster. I thought I only needed to add the elastic today but something had gone awry with the shape (I make the curved sort of mask) and I've ended up unpicking the whole thing and didn't even take out my felted dragon which I'd also scheduled for today. Never mind, there's always tomorrow.
 

No comments: