Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 5 December 2021

Chilly.

Lovely blue skies this morning tempted us out for a quick stroll up the hill before breakfast (it wasn't an early breakfast.) It's getting cold again but there was enough wind to dry the washing I put out on the line.
After a leisurely breakfast it was time to start on the curtain for the narrow window by the front door.
I carefully unpicked and ironed the two strips of fabric that I'd cut from the bottom of the door curtains. Idea one was to patch the pieces together but not only would that not have been wide enough but I'd had to turn the fabric through 90 degrees. Scrap that plan.
The next idea was to make a plain white curtain and add a strip or two of the door curtain fabric. Better but still not that good.
Finally I went through my stash of duck egg blue fabrics bought when Laura Ashley in Barnstaple was closing down. Though it doesn't show on this photo the white design on the curtain fabric mirrors the leaves on the long curtains. I got out the sewing machine and stitched on the same kind of deep header tape as in the door curtain to get the curtain hung up. But then I couldn't bring myself to machine the hem and sides so I shall be hand sewing those tomorrow.

 

No comments: