Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 23 December 2021

Wet.

A mostly grey day with light rain/ sea mist but very mild.
This morning Speedy went out for a wander after breakfast and came back bulging. If we were still living in the country I would say he'd eaten a rabbit but here I'm thinking theft rather than hunting. He's either raided somebody's food caddy or else has found a way to steal from a cat or dog that gets unlimited food (that shouldn't be happening anyway). All I hope is that it wasn't somebody's turkey defrosting. And this is how he spent the rest of the morning. He's only going to get a small dinner tonight which I'm sure he won't be pleased about.
I've spent my day doing the usual routine and generally tidying up. I'm getting through my list of jobs including those on the extra list. One job has been to back up my photos onto an external hard drive which I haven't done for months. I know I keep on saying it but I really should get into a routine of weekly photo back-ups. 
I've found when playing the guitar that I'm having problems focussing on the book I use. The music is written nice and large but by the time I have one foot on a tiny chair I'm too far away to focus. Changing to stronger glasses doesn't help so today I propped the book up on my desk keeping it in place with a beach stone. Not the best solution but I've had an idea. As I do. One of those recipe book stands should do the job and I often see them in the charity shops. Something to look for after Christmas.

This morning we tested ourselves for Covid and thankfully neither of us has the virus. It's good to be sure before we meet up with people over Christmas. 

No comments: