Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 10 December 2021

Cold.

The wind picked up again last night and has been blowing all through the day. It's coming from the north and is bitterly cold. The day has been a mix of sun and showers so no point in hanging out any washing.
Having sorted out my Christmas cards last month once again it suddenly seems that I'm rushing to get my albeit minimal Christmas preparations done in time. Today I posted the rest of my cards bar one and hand delivered cards to the neighbours we know. Last year I sent one to all 9 of the houses in our road but there are a couple I'm pretty sure are holiday homes so I didn't bother with those this year. Then I unwrapped the Christmas cakes and poured some whiskey into them. I also checked my supply of boxes suitable for posting (thank you Amazon) rather than rushing with last minute box adapting. I have done a little felting too but I don't recommend trying to felt at the same time as watching a video (Romas' gig at the O2 Academy in Birmingham). Stabbing a finger while felting white wool is not good. One of Romas' band members videos the gigs on his phone but last night's video was sideways so now I know how to turn my screen rather to avoid getting a crick in my neck.
First thing this morning I went down to check how the Christmas tree had stood up to the strong overnight winds. The central rod had bent over a little and a few of the shell decorations had been blown off but nothing major. I retied the tethers higher up to provide more support and picked up the fallen shells.
I got my piano and guitar practice done in the morning and to help with my Welsh started Duo Lingo, a free on-line resource. It's quite simplistic and reptitive especially as I've chosen to start from scratch but if it helps to fix the vocabulary in my head I'll give it a go. In the afternoon I sorted and cleaned more stuff from the garage. It gets dark so early now I've finally given in and closed my study curtains so that I can turn the light on. Up till now I haven't been concerned about passersby seeing me sitting at my pc but turning on the light makes the whole room visible.
Look at the state of Speedy's face and foot. I let him out last night thinking the awful weather would bring him back soon but he stayed out all night. He won't be allowed out tonight however much he begs.

 

2 comments:

happyone said...

Oh poor Speedy.

lea said...

I don't let my cat out at night because we have coyotes in the area (they are all over the city). Other people have had cats disappear, plus, my Sparky who is turning 14 soon, gets into disputes with the neighbor cat.