Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 29 December 2021

Windy.

The day began grey, dry and windy with some blue spells in the afternoon. In the distance we could see the clouds sitting over the mountains indicating it was raining there. On our journey it was the same, ie cloudy and mostly wet as we crossed the mountains but we could see that it was brighter at the coast. Another bonus of living at the coast.
It was raining in the morning so for once I didn't go to the zoo. I had said I might take a break and I wasn't feeling that good anyway (too much rich food after 6 months of dieting and no gall bladder). Instead I took things easy today, drank mint tea and did some ironing.
We did lateral flow tests this morning as the motorway service station we had stopped at on the way home was worryingly crowded and not everybody was wearing a mask. (I know some people can't but when it's a couple, neither of whom is wearing a mask it's more likely they can't be bothered.) However both our tests showed negative which is good.
Some more photos of Whitchurch.
Plenty of ducks and swans waiting to be fed.

The town centre.
The King's Arms. built in 1575.

 

1 comment:

happyone said...

What a lovely village. Love the swans.