Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 18 December 2021

Sunny.

Bright and sunny again with little wind so still not that cold.
It was so nice this morning that we headed out for a pre-breakfast walk up to The Memorial. Short and sharp this walk is just right for getting the old heart pounding.
The job on the schedule today was to cover one Christmas cake with marzipan and icing. I've lost my enthusiasm for Christmas cakes and not even knowing if the recipients are keen on them I've decided not to carry on making them. I decorated this one with gold and silver sprinkles and added gold glitter which doesn't look as good as I'd hoped but will do.

Once the cake was done and the kitchen cleaned up I wrapped up a few presents. That led me to put in a late present request to Peter for a proper Sellotape dispenser, the kind we used to have in school. I love wrapping presents but get so frustrated when the Sellotape curls over on itself so that you're trying to hold the paper at the same time as cutting the Sellotape and end up with a less than perfectly wrapped present. I keep meaning to try out some of the beautiful Japanese ways of wrapping presents too. 

Although we're in the wrong position to catch the setting sun we can still enjoy the sight of the golden glow on the houses along the beach. A little later I almost caught the sunset on camera though it was even redder and the sky lighter than in my photo.
With more restrictions coming into effect this drive past by Santa (Sion Corn) with music blaring is probably the nearest we'll get to any sort of party this season.
A moment of IT excitement - I was trying to see if I could find an 'o' with a hat on for Sion when I came across a way to turn my spellchecker back on. My spelling has always been suspect and without a spellchecker I've had to open a new tab to check on doubtful words. Now I shan't need to be doing that.

1 comment:

happyone said...

The cake sure looks good to me. Yummy!