Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 20 December 2021

Cloudy.

The day began with sun over the coast but before I could think to take a photo the clouds which had been sitting on the hills rolled down to put us in the grey gloom. There was a light frost first thing but the day itself hasn't been too cold. I switched off the central heating during the day but as soon as Peter came home he switched it back on again.
While Peter went up to check the camper van's batteries or run the engine or something and then on to town to do some shopping I wrapped the last few presents, did housework and had an extra clean of the utility room floor. I leave my muddy gloves and knee pads drying under the radiator and keep my wellies there too so the floor gets covered with dried flakes of mud. Now, in an attempt to keep the floor clear I've put out a plastic tub lid for the gloves and an old towel to keep the boots on.
In lieu of a proper Sellotape dispenser I've found a way to keep the Sellotape under control. It's not perfect but at least the tape doesn't flick back on itself any more.
Yesterday's car cleaning didn't do my back any good so I've had to take things easy today. Piano and guitar practice have been done and I'm about to hit the Duolingo again. That is once I've investigated why it's pronouncing si with a sibilant s rather than sh as we've been taught. I thought it might be a South Wales thing but listening to the course resources that doesn't seem to be the case. I need to find the same words in the course vocabularies to check as our class has finished until January so I can't ask our tutor. It's hard enough translating from one language to another and then using the North Wales version mentally without factoring in a computer oddity too.
Beach art from the other day.
 

No comments: