Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 3 December 2021

Cloudy.

Back to cloudy conditions today. Gosh, I was so tired last night I lost a whole day, thought it was Friday and didn't discover that today wasn't Saturday until I went to record a radio programme.
There was heavy rain all through the night but it cleared up later in the morning and I headed off up the hill after breakfast. Peter stayed home to do his exercises so I took my phone with me in case I slipped on the mud.
The air wasn't too cold and I managed to get all the way to the top without stopping or even feeling out of breath.
It's very hard to show how steep something is in photos but this bit is steep. However it's not too difficult as the rocks and small stones provide purchase. It's lower down the hill where the grass has worn away but the soil hasn't where it can be dangerously slippery. 
Peter went off to the dump with bags of rubbish from the garage while I got on with indoor jobs. I sorted the slides spread out over my study floor and replaced them in the now clean boxes then after that it was back to the curtains. It doesn't sound like much, just turning up two curtains but the volume of the fabric and the slipperiness of the lining fabric made it tricky and took me the whole afternoon. I did the machining but I still need to hand sew the two curtains together before making some sort of co-ordinating curtain to go over the narrow window.
The mist started rolling in in the afternoon. While sewing I saw a lifeboat out in the bay. The doors to our lifeboat station were closed and when it got closer I could see it wasn't our lifeboat. This one was the next size up and must have been on a training trip as they spent a long time bobbing about close to the sea defences.
Speedy is not enjoying having eye drops four times a day and ear drops twice daily. This morning he was so fed up instead of going to his usual spot on the windowsill he hid under the table. It's only for five days thank goodness.
 

3 comments:

happyone said...

Yes, it is very hard to show how steep something is in a picture!!
Beautiful pictures.

lea said...

I did wonder if you had lost a day-lovely to be retired and able to do that isn't it.
Have you ever considered using a hiking/trekking pole? I used one when a trail was rough or steep. The view from the top of your climb is wonderful.

Ruta M. said...

We have got walking poles, somewhere but I prefer to keep my hands free for taking photos and using my binoculars at least for the moment.