Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 14 December 2021

Grey.

Grey all day today with light rain for most of the time.
Peter had to go to the hospital this morning to be fitted with an ECG for 24 hour monitoring again. I went with him to take the car down to park at Lidl. I had a few things to get in town including some waterproof over trousers which I got on sale at Tresspass. Now I don't have to borrow Peter's ones which I have to roll over at the waist.
I called in at a couple of the charity shops and got this necklace for its red glass beads. When I checked my bead collection to complete a decoration I'm making I'd found that I didn't have any red beads so these will come in useful plus it's money to a good cause. 
The job on today's schedule was to make truffle centres. When I went into Lidl I was taken aback to find no double cream. They had the fake stuff but for real cream they only had brandy or Bailey's laced/flavour cream. I thought about trying one of those but didn't think they would go with the different flavours I was planning to make. Instead I took a chance on our local shop and there they had a grand total of three pots of double cream. It's such a lot of work making different truffles that I'm going to put a note on my recipe to make only one kind next Christmas using cream with Bailey's. The centres are now sitting in the fridge ready to be dipped in chocolate tomorrow.


1 comment:

happyone said...

Mmmm truffles - I could go for one now! :)