Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 16 December 2021

Grey.

Mild, grey and dry today.
Spent the time after breakfast preparing for our Welsh class. I'm aware that with so much Christmas preparation to do I'm not finding the time to do as much practice as I'd like to do. Somehow I seem to have much less spare time than Peter. He does shop, cook and wash up (as do I) but cleaning and laundry and general tidying mainly falls to me to do. And then I take on extra projects like making things for Christmas and organising presents for family. So I've mainly got myself to blame. In our class today we finally arrived at the dreaded mutations. That's when the letter before a word, in today's case 'o' causes the first letter of the next word to change. I guess it will all makes sense eventually. Something must be going in because earlier I was playing scrabble on my Kindle and having made the word caws meaning the noise made by rooks, a little later as the word crossed my vision I read it as cowss   meaning cheese.
After class my scheduled job was to pack some parcels ready for posting. That was quite time consuming as although I'd carefully been saving boxes that were the correct 'small parcel' size for the Post Office I'd failed to consider how I was going to safely pack a Christmas cake. Eventually I found a smaller cardboard box but with some other items in the parcel the total weight is only 50gms under the 2kg limit. If my kitchen scales aren't accurate I may have to repack that parcel. The chocolates above aren't being posted but I just wanted to show how effective discs of chocolate with sprinkles on can look. The box is one I'd saved from a present last year.
Romas' two week tour came to an end last night. Below is a photo taken by his older brother when they played Brighton. I've been able to see most of their gigs via videos they've put on FB every day. It's the same each time but this proud mum is simply happy to watch her boy on stage. They had a decent review in The Brighton and Hove News too and their latest single has been played twice on Planet Rock.

 

1 comment:

happyone said...

Nice that Peter helps. Ken does make dinner sometimes but I do ALL the housework! But that is my fault because I like things done a certain way! :)